Strongbow – H.P. Bulmer, 5.3% ABV – 500ml (Can), (England, UK)
- Style: Dry Apple Cider
- My Rating: D+
- Taste Profile: filtered apple juice -> medium tartness -> roughness -> dry finish.
- Where I got it: BC Liquor Stores
- How much: $12 for 4pack, Summer 2010
- Do I love this enough to drink it again: no
- Would I recommend this to cider aficionados: no
Tasting notes: pours clear golden yellow with very minimal head, some slow moving CO2 streams. Filtered apple juice on the nose. Starts with a fruity semi-sweet (4/10) burst of filtered Sun-Rype red apple juice, followed by medium tartness (5/10) and then a rough dry and watery finish. Low complexity, medium depth, not so good transitions, okay carry, okay drinkability. It leaves a rough finish on the palate.