Pike Tandem Double Ale – The Pike Brewing Co., 7.0% ABV – 1pt 6fl.oz., (Seattle, WA, USA)
Ingredients: Water, Malt, Hops, Coriander, Organic Sugar, Yeast.
- Style: American Strong Ale
- My Rating: B-
- Why I like it: well-balanced and drinkable medium dark ale
- Where I got it: W.16th
- How much: $6 (after 10%), 12/2011
- Do I love this enough to drink it again: no
- Would I recommend this to beer aficionados: yes
Tasting notes: pours almost black yet brown, small head, smallish micro CO2, some visible slow-moving CO2 streams. Sweet medium caramel malts on the nose. Bright fizziness up front, followed by a medium sweet (5/10) malted caramel mid, coriander in the background, creamy fizzy mouthfeel, light chocolate, finishes with mild hops, light oak, and a medium soft and lingering bitter finish (6/10). Medium complexity, medium depth, good transitions, good carry, nice drinkability. Solid though nothing exceptional.