George! (Imperial Stout) (RETIRED) – Mikkeller, 11.11% ABV – 250ml, (Denmark)
- My Rating: B+
- Why I like it: crazy depth and clean smoothness
- Where I got it: Sherbrooke
- How much: $5.30 (after 10%), June 2012
- Do I love this enough to drink it again: maybe
- Would I recommend this to beer aficionados: yes
Tasting notes: pours dark coffee black, minimal head, micro CO2, gunky sediment. Roasted coffee and slick malts on the nose. Thick viscosity, burst heavy malts up front, mixed with lightly roasted coffee, dark milk chocolate, alcohol, soy sauce, transitioning into a light sourness (3/10), and grapefruit citrus lingering bitter finish (5/10). Medium complexity, high depth, great transitions, great carry, good drinkability. It is lacking in more spice or vanilla for me to truly love it.