Country Girl Kabocha Ale (Pumpkin Ale) – Baird Brewing, 5.8% ABV – 633ml,(Numazu, Japan)
- My Rating: B-
- Why I like it: easy-drinking malted-spiced beer
- Where I got it: Sherbrooke
- How much: $8.50 (after 10%), June 2012
- Do I love this enough to drink it again: no
- Would I recommend this to beer aficionados: yes
Tasting notes: pours dark brownish/orange with a small head, micro CO2, lots of active CO2 streams. A pretty muted nose. Fizzy burpy CO2 up front, sweetness hits first (8/10), followed by medium malts, deep pumpkin, cinnamon, light caramel, ginger, and a lingering bitter finish (7/10). Medium complexity, medium depth, good transitions, decent carry, decent drinkability. No particular flavour stands out, but balance is what this beer showcases.