Black 黒 (Cognac Edition, aged 3 months) – Mikkeller, 17.5% ABV, (Belgium?? -> Denmark)
- My Rating: A-
- Why I like it: very rich and deep stout flavours with cognac twist
- Where I got it: Sherbrooke
- How much: $13 (after 10%) , June 2012
- Do I love this enough to drink it again: once a year
- Would I recommend this to beer aficionados: def yes
Tasting notes: pours jet black with a nice thick creamy foamy head, thick viscosity. Wow, nose is very aromatic with caramel, soy sauce, cognac. Vanilla caramel sweetness (10/10) hits first, transitioning into soy sauce, charred oak, roasted coffee, bitter licorice. Finish is ultra-long and bitter (7/10). High complexity, high depth, good transitions, excellent carry, good drinkability.