Jumpin Jack Pumpkin Ale (Limited edition) – Tree Brewing, 6.4% ABV, (Kelowna, BC, Canada)
- My Rating: B-
- Why I like it: creamy & nicely balanced
- Where I got it: BC Liquor Stores (Abbotsford, BC)
- How much: $5, 650ml, Nov/2011
- Do I love this enough to drink it again: No
- Would I recommend this to beer afficianados: Yes if it can be bought locally
Tasting notes: (Not quite Halloween atm I know, but hey I’m thirsting for some spiced beer. This beer sold out super quick in Halloween of 2011 so I had to drive 60km to get this…) pours translucent bottle brown, minimal head, ringed retention, minimal lacing, slow as molasses moving CO2 streams. Some malt on the nose, not much else. 7/10-level sweetness med-heavy malts up front, brown sugar, cinnamon, pumpkin, very creamy silky mouthfeel, finishes just a tad watery and thin. A soft mellow lingering bitter finish. Medium complexity, medium depth, good transitions, decent carry, pretty good drinkability.