かぼす梅酒 -天女のしずく （大分県産かぼす・梅使用）, 12% ABV, (Oita, Japan)
- My Rating: C+
- Why it’s not awesome: tastes of sugar, alcohol and juice
- Where I got it: Tokyo, Jan 2012
- How much: ￥1000 ($13), 500ml
- Do I love this enough to drink it again: Yes
- Would I recommend this to liquor afficianados: Yes
Tasting Notes (straight, chilled): pours honey yellow, slightly cloudy, thicker than water viscosity. Tastes of 7/10 sweet and 3/10 sour kabosu (yuzu+lime flavour) but mainly umeshu, a bit of honey and 50% grain alcohol in the background. Not terribly smooth but decent kabosu and a nice variation of normal umeshu.