梨園 (なしのお酒), 12% ABV, (Oita, Japan)
- My Rating: B+
- Why I like it: natural fruit flavour
- Where I got it: Tokyo, Jan 2012
- How much: ￥1000 ($13), 500ml
- Do I love this enough to drink it again: Yes
- Would I recommend this to liquor afficianados: Yes
Tasting Notes (straight, chilled): pours lime juice coloured cloudy green, unfiltered fruit, thinner than grenadine viscosity. Half asian pear, half alcohol burn on the nose. Clean 6/10 sweet asian pear up front, immediately followed by grain alcohol bitterness down the back of the throat, and again finishes with pear aroma. Strong green apple notes in there as well. Made with 100% Hita pears. Overall tastes of juice + grain alcohol but high quality pear juice at that.