Mandarin Orange Amber Ale – Dead Frog Brewery, 5% ABV, (Aldergrove, BC)
- My Rating: C
- Why I kind of like it: N/A
- Where I got it: BC Liquor Stores
- How much: $12 for a 6pack, Summer 2010
- Do I love this enough to drink it again: No
- Would I recommend this to beer afficianados: No
Tasting Notes: pours amber orange (no surprise), micro CO2 with ringed retention, thin sticky lacing. A bit of malt on the nose. Aromas of mandarin orange and orange peel up front mixed with cutting-sharp chilled CO2 bubbles (stings the palate), and then finishes medium malty bitter – long and lingering bitterness. Viscosity is thinnish, low-medium complexity, low-medium length, low depth, and low carry. This beer is refreshing but it dies out fast in the mid and finish. I only enjoy the mandarin orange aroma, but one bottle is enough.