Pepper Lime Lager – Dead Frog Brewery, 5% ABV, (Aldergrove, BC)
- My Rating: D
- Why I kind of like it: N/A
- Where I got it: BC Liquor Stores
- How much: $12 for a 6pack, Summer 2010
- Do I love this enough to drink it again: No
- Would I recommend this to beer afficianados: No
Tasting Notes: pours slightly cloudy tinted brown with a very small head, small CO2, ringed retention, and runny lacing. Coffee crisp on the nose (interesting!) and malted caramel. Muddled black pepper mixed with very mild and faint lime up front, roughness on the roof of the mouth, unclean short finish, thin-bodied with no carry. Low complexity, low depth, low length. One-note and quite uninspiring. The pepper isn’t firey or aromatic nor is the lime.