-1st prize of the Giffard Challenge 2007 (from the Giffard website)
- 3cl Banane du Bresil (Giffard)
- 2cl Coconut liqueur (subbed Whaler’s Coconut Rum for Cocogif)
- 2cl Mangue Tropic (Giffard)
- 2cl 18% fat Cream
- Combine all ingredients to a shaker, shake until hands are chilled.
- Double strain
- Garnish with freshly grated nutmeg (my twist)
Rating: C (I needs tweaking)
Tasting Notes: Too freakin’ sweet – as expected since 3/4 ingredients are liqueurs. An interesting combo of a creamy coconut banana followed by a sweetened mango finish. Need to mellow out the sugar rush/alcohol aggressiveness 1 second into the sip. Very potent, buzzed 1/2way thru.
- egg white
- housemade roasted coconut rum
- sub housemade mango cachaca for mango liqueur